The Winnipeg Film Group, located at 304-100 Arthur, is presenting a Super 8 Film Demonstration.
Discuss the history, politics, screening opportunities and overall scene of alternative film, super 8 style, with John Porter, Toronto's 'King of Super 8'. John will also give a run down on super 8 equipment and a live film performance.
A great workshop for established and aspiring filmmakers alike.
Saturday, April 24, 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Want to take an actual course? How about The Winnipeg Film Group's Basic Filmmaking Workshop?
These workshops will provide an intensive introduction to all aspects of independent filmmaking.
All steps and processes are covered, from conception to the final cut. Participants will be exposed to the process of shooting and editing a short film and short video.
* Screenwriting | Tues., May 4
* DIY Producing | Thurs., May 6
* Directing | Tues., May 11
* Camera - part 1 | Thurs., May 13
* Lighting & Grip | Tues., May 18
* Camera - part 2 | Thurs., May 20
* Sound Recording | Tues., May 25
* DV Shoot | Sat., May 29 (10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.)
* Film Shoot | Sun., May 30 (10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.)
* Post-Production - Where To Go From Here | Tues., Jun 1
* Editing the Footage | Sat., Jun 5 & 12 (10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.)
All Tuesday and Thursday classes are from 7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Dates: May 4 – June 12, 2010
Fee: $399 (includes a one year Basic membership to the WFG)
For more information, call 925-3456
Have a great day. How can you miss - you're in Winnipeg!