January 19 and 20, 2013
We invite Canadians from coast to coast to coast to plan a day or half a day or a weekend in the national park closest to you on January 19 or 20. Show our Environment Minister that we LOVE our national parks in the Fourth Season, the season that was eliminated from Parks Canada's operations.
WHAT WE WANT TO SEE
1. A reversal of the policy back to four season parks.
2. Dialogue with Canadians about what we want as winter services.
3. Parks Canada understanding that winter is part of our national identity.
Petition to let the Environment Minister, the CEO for Parks Canada, and the Prime Minister know that we want to see a reversal of the policy that eliminated winter as the fourth season in our national parks.
1. Canada is a country that is distinctly northern.
2. Our national parks are iconic places for healthy outdoor activity, self-propelled forms of winter activity and recreation.
3. Access to these winter services was included within the calculation of admission fees to each national park.
4. Winter offers Parks Canada an opportunity to market winter as a distinct season, collect revenues, and partner with local businesses to offer "the winter experience in Canada".