As a prelude to this year's Alberta Literary Awards Gala, come out and raise your glass to the 2011 nominated authors at Calgary's exquisite 100 Wines, 1109 Olympic Way SE, on Tuesday, May 24, from 7:00 pm to 10:00 pm.
Readings and tapas will be served!
Shelf Life will be selling books and many of the shortlisted authors will be available for signings and one-on-one questions.
Featuring readings of the following shortlisted works:
• Jane Cawthorne – Weight
• Lee Kvern – The Matter of Sylvie
• Margaret Macpherson – A Thousand Years North of Dorothy
• David van Belle & Eric Rose – The Highest Step in the World
• Sheldon Casavant – Morton the Magician and his Magnificent Magic Show
• Victor Lethbridge – Little Chief and Mighty Gopher: The Pemmican Frenzy
• Clem Martini and Olivier Martini – Bitter Medicine
• Mark Stubbings – Dry The Rain
• Meg Braem – Blood: A Scientific Romance
• Jannie Edwards – Falling Blues
• Leah Bailly – Bamako, Believe Me
Celebrating its 30th anniversary this year, the Writers Guild of Alberta is the largest provincial writers’ organization in Canada, and was formed in 1980 to provide a meeting ground and collective voice for the writers of the province.
Its mission is to inspire, connect, support, encourage and promote writers and writing, to safeguard the freedom to write and to read, and to advocate for the well-being of writers.
For more information about An Afternoon with the Authors or to obtain a complete listing of authors short-listed for the Alberta Literary Awards, please contact
the Writers Guild of Alberta
or 1-800-665-5354 (Toll-Free)