Winnipeg's brand new weekly performance and poetry series starts this January!
Every Tuesday at Pop Soda's, 625 Portage Avenue.
Doors and sign up at 6:30 pm
Show at 7:00 pm
All events are pwyc
Speaking Crow focuses on more literary, page poetry type stuff, but all voices are welcome. And we kick things off with a very special feature poet: Rosanna Deerchild!
Rosanna Deerchild’s poetry has appeared in number of literary magazines, and was featured in Post-Prairie: An Anthology of New Poetry. As a member of the Aboriginal Writers Collective, she is featured in two collections, urban kool and Bone Memory, and they’ve released a live spoken word CD, Red City. Rosanna Deerchild’s first collection of poetry, this is a small northern town, is set in a mining town and explores issues of race, identity and family. She lives in Winnipeg where she works in broadcasting.
Check out all of our events in January!
• January 3: Speaking Crow ft. Roseanna Deerchild
• January 10: Cabaret! ft. Scruffmouth
• January 17: Qualifying Slam for the Canadian Individual Poetry Slam ft. Johnny MacRae
• January 24: Qualifying Slam for the Canadian Festival of Spoken Word
• January 31: Spit it Out! Winnipeg Poetry Slam Youth Slam Championships