Many have asked Moms Demand Action - MA/Boston what they can do after the Senate voted against gun control yesterday. Here are today's three quick, yet very important, Calls To Action.
- 1. Call Senators Elizabeth Warren 202-224-4543 and Mo Cowen 202-224-2742 and THANK them for their vote.
- 2. Call one or more of the Senators listed below 202-224-3121 and let them know you are disappointed and angry with their vote and you will do everything in your power to ensure they are not re-elected unless they bring another bill to the floor for a vote before their summer recess.
- 3. Geo-target New Hampshire Senator Kelly Ayotte, who voted NO, at her Portsmouth office: 603-436-7161 and tell her staff that we in MA take our families to NH and demand that Senator Ayotte put our children's safety before the gun lobby.
- We must keep this in mind when the next election rolls around.
- They voted against the sentiment of the overwhelming majority of the American people.
(Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid also voted “no,” but it was a procedural mechanism, so that he can reintroduce the amendment again.)
- 1. Sen. Lamar Alexander (R-TN)
- 2. Sen. Kelly Ayotte (R-NH)
- 3. Sen. John Barrasso (R-WY)
- 4. Sen. Max Baucus (D-MT)
- 5. Sen. Mark Begich (D-AK)
- 6. Sen. Roy Blunt (R-MO)
- 7. Sen. John Boozman (R-AR)
- 8. Sen. Richard Burr (R-NC)
- 9. Sen. Saxby Chambliss (R-GA)
- 10. Sen. Dan Coats (R-IN)
- 11. Sen. Tom Coburn (R-OK)
- 12. Sen. Thad Cochran (R-MS)
- 13. Sen. Bob Corker (R-TN)
- 14. Sen. John Cornyn (R-TX)
- 15. Sen. Michael Crapo (R-ID)
- 16. Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX)
- 17. Sen. Mike Enzi (R-WY)
- 18. Sen. Deb Fischer (R-NE)
- 19. Sen. Jeff Flake (R-AZ)
- 20. Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC)
- 21. Sen. Charles Grassley (R-IA)
- 22. Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-UT)
- 23. Sen. Heidi Heitkamp (D-ND)
- 24. Sen. Dean Heller (R-NV)
- 25. Sen. John Hoeven (R-ND)
- 26. Sen. James Inhofe (R-OK)
- 27. Sen. Johnny Isakson (R-GA)
- 28. Sen. Mike Johanns (R-NE)
- 29. Sen. Ron Johnson (R-WI)
- 30. Sen. Mike Lee (R-UT)
- 31. Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-KY)
- 32. Sen. Jerry Moran (R-KS)
- 33. Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R-AK)
- 34. Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY)
- 35. Sen. Rob Portman (R-OH)
- 36. Sen. Mark Pryor (D-AR)
- 37. Sen. James Risch (R-ID)
- 38. Sen. Pat Roberts (R-KS)
- 39. Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL)
- 40. Sen. Tim Scott (R-SC)
- 41. Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-AL)
- 42. Sen. Richard Shelby (R-AL)
- 43. Sen. John Thune (R-SD)
- 44. Sen. David Vitter (R-LA)
- 45. Sen. Roger Wicker (R-MS)
A list of the Senators, with their phone numbers and links to their twitter and facebook pages.
Let them hear from you.
You can also email the Senators who voted against and for gun sense.
Learn more about your local politicians and representatives.****Moms Demand Action’s middle-ground solutions to the escalating problem of gun violence in the United States are straightforward:
2) Require background checks for all gun and ammunition purchases.
3) Report the sale of large quantities of ammunition to the ATF, and ban online sales of ammunition.
4) Make gun trafficking a federal crime with serious criminal penalties.
5) Counter gun industry lobbyists’ efforts to weaken gun laws at the state level.
- To contact Moms Demand Action