Screening, November 30
Doors open 8 / Screening begins at 8:30
Black Lodge, 3rd Floor Artspace Building, 100 Arthur St.
Screening is free and all may attend
Guest curated with Tom Kohut with the PLATFORM programming committee
PLATFORM: Off-site projects continues with our next and final event programmed in conjunction with our palimpsest year of research.
PLATFORM is pleased to present an evening of film + video.
All of the work explores the dialectic of erasure and recovery that animates theories of the palimpsest. Showcasing the work of emerging and established film and video artists, this program covers a wide-range of affects, techniques and experiences.
No, actually, its really a lot of fun!
1) Guy Maddin – Workbooks (Audition 1), 2005 | 5:00
2) Kelsey Braun - Explorations of Surface and Decay, 2011 | 8:00
3) Cecilia Araneda – What Comes Between, 2009 | 5:37
4) Isiah Medina – Semi-Auto Colours, 2011 | 6:10
5) Aubriand (Carol O'Brien) – Time Away, 2007 | 7:00
6) Heidi Phillips – Skydive, 2011 | 5:00
7) Mike Maryniuk – Asleep at the Wheel, 2005 | 3:00
8) Sabrina Ratté – Transit, 2011 |4:00
9) Kandis Friesen + Nahed Mansour – Tape #158: Document 2B, 2011 | 7:03
10) Vincent Chevalier – So...when did you figure out you had AIDS?, 2010 | 5:45
Tom Kohut is an independent curator and critic.
He currently maintains the website The New Ennui where he writes on political aesthetics.
The Edge Village and Gallery, 611 Main Street
November 29 and 30
Opening reception November 29 at 7:00 pm
Presented by SOFA SA:
SHOW & CREATE is a collaborative show of the University of Manitoba's current and former School of Fine Arts student work.
Students will showcase their various works in drawing, painting, ceramics, sculpture, photography, print media, graphics and video.
• Collage building on site.
• LIVE set by local musicians Belle Air.
If you're a current or former School of Fine Art student and would like to submit work please email.