Mini-Mentorship in Photography with Lisa Stinner-Kun
MAWA, 611 Main St, Winnipeg MB
Wednesdays, October 12, 19 and 26, 7- 9:30 pm at MAWA
Application deadline: Tuesday, October 4, at 4 pm
Lisa Stinner-Kun will focus on photo-based practices. Lisa will present a range of images illustrating the breadth of the medium and will lead discussions about photo-based art issues. Each participant will be encouraged to bring in work to receive critical feedback.
Since graduating from the School of the Art Institute of Chicago with a MFA in Photography, Lisa Stinner-Kun has shown her photographic work in numerous exhibitions.
Mini Mentorship in Paint with Lisa Wood
Art Gallery of Southwestern Manitoba, Brandon MB
Saturday, October 15 and Sunday, October 16, 10 am - 5 pm
Application deadline: Tuesday, October 11, at 4 pm
The mini-mentorship will feature critical readings, slide presentations of other artists’ works, and group critiques of participants’ paintings.
Lisa Wood received a Master of Fine Arts degree in painting from Yale University in 2005. Lisa has been the recipient of many awards and has exhibited internationally. She is currently the Programming and Administrative Coordinator at MAWA.
To apply for either, please email:
- a one-paragraph description of what you make and the ideas that drive your work
- a line or two about why you want to participate in this program
- 5 jpg images of your artwork
- If you are not a member, please also submit a MAWA membership form and payment.
MAWA membership costs $15 for underwaged persons and $30 for others.
- Email applications to MAWA and put “Mini-Mentorship” in the subject heading.
- Cost of each program for successful applicants is $30.