January 25, 8:00 pm to 10:00 pm
Prairie Ink Restaurant, McNally Robinson, Grant Park Shopping Centre
CBC Manitoba SCENE & McNally Robinson present
Canada Reads, Manitoba Style
5 Writers, 5 Readers, 5 Minutes.
Canada Reads 2012 features five non-fiction titles this year, and in our regional warm-up to the national CBC Radio book brawl, five well-known Manitobans have been matched with the five titles.
Each reader will share his insights with the audience, each with a unique presentation lasting only five minutes. Well, maybe ten.
No debating, no brawling, but plenty of insight, humour and stories.
You’ll find that:
- Singer-songwriter Ridley Bent knows what Dave Bidini is talking about
in On A Cold Road.
- Former rink rat and Forks Chief Operating Officer Paul Jordan digs in the corner
with Ken Dryden’s The Game.
- Author and professor of Persian descent Jila Ghomeshi is passionate about
The Prisoner of Tehran.
- Daughter of a Chilean revolutionary Claudia Garcia de la Huerta attests to the
story told in Carmen Aguirre’s Something Fierce.
- Head Assiniboine Park Zoo vet Dr. Chris Enright tracks John Vaillant’s The Tiger.
Join us this special evening and enter to win our door prize of all five titles!
Reservations are recommended.
Please call 975-2659 to have a table put aside.