Rudolph Rocker Cultural Centre, 91 Albert Street (Above Mondragon)
Cost: FREE (bus tickets will be provided if needed)
February 18, 11:00 am to 5:00 pm
If you are between the ages of 14 & 18 as of January 1st, 2012 and identify as female, then we want you to join us!
This will be a day that focuses on:
• building relationships between girls and smashing female competition
• a workshop on self-esteem and what that has to to with being an activist
• a Hollaback! Workshop: how to hollaback at harassers and map for change in your school or community
• a discussion about women and girls in the media; why they care so much about our bodies and what we do with it!
• a screening of The Purity Myth documentary
• some time to express how this all affects you
• postering the exchange with anti-harassment messages
It doesn't matter if you have never heard the word feminist, don't consider yourself an activist, or if you are a seasoned pro, come out for an inspiring day with awesome people.
If you have any questions, please e-mail Jodie or call 891-2369.