Gimme Some Truth is a unique, four day documentary forum that includes panel discussions, master lectures, workshops and special screenings – all intended to provide filmmakers and audiences the opportunity to discuss creative, ethical and technical issues related to the documentary form.
Gimme Some Truth is produced by the Winnipeg Film Group, in partnership with DOC Winnipeg.
All screenings, master classes and panels at Winnipeg Cinematheque, 100 Arthur Street
• General Admission $10 / $8 members
• Opening Night $15 / $10 members
• Delegate Pass $75 / $45 members
• Albert Maysles Master Class $50 / $25 Pass Holders
• Music Documentary Master Class $35 / Free for Pass Holders
• Free Screen: Community Shorts program, Sun Oct 16 @ 2 pm and 4 pm
* There are a limited number of Delegate Passes available through the Winnipeg Film Group’s Access Bursary Program.
How to Make Money on Your Doc Short
• Friday Oct 14 - 12:00 pm
In this marketing case study, filmmaker Caroline Monnet will present three of her short documentaries – IKWÉ, Warchild and Tashina – and discuss the marketing opportunities that presented themselves for each of these works.
Albert Maysles on Documentary
• Saturday Oct 15 - 10:00 am
Legendary documentary filmmaker Albert Maysles will discuss his approach to filmmaking. With a degree in psychology, Maysles is capable of capturing honest human emotion and stories.
Independent Music Documentaries
• Sunday Oct 16 - 10:00 am
Celebrated documentarian Adam Bhala Lough will lead participants through the ins and outs of music documentary, the art of collaboration, working with challenging subject matter, self distribution and working in both drama and documentary.