IWGS is working with the FemRev/ RebELLEs organizing committee for the upcoming Pan-Canadian Young Feminist Gathering to be held at UofW on May 20 to 23, 2011.
Contact Kim at IWGS at 786-9921 or email@example.com
or Sarah K. at firstname.lastname@example.org
In November, young feminists will be holding 'consultas' to create content for the Gathering. The Winnipeg consulta will be held on Sunday November 21. There will be approximately 80-100 people attending the 'consulta' and we need to provide folks with food. There is also a huge need for support on committees.
There are many ways to help:
- Donate pens, scrap paper, office supplies, rolls of brown craft paper, flipchart paper, old art supplies, bus tickets (all ages).
- Buy or bake buns, bread, cookies and freeze to donate. Please label with vegetarian/vegan/non-veg and if it is gluten or dairy free.
- Donate tea bags, juice, cans of tomatoes, beans/chickpeas etc. for chili.
- Save some root veggies in a cool place to donate in May.
- Offer to help cook.
- Ask your local restaurant/coffee shop/corner store for a donation.
We can pick up office supplies/non-perishable food or you can drop them off to us.
Perishables can be picked up on Nov 19 and 20.
Have a great day. How can you miss - you're in Winnipeg!