Ideas. Skills. Art.
Keynote Address, March 12, 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm, RCFE Atrium
Come celebrate the festival kickoff with us at the Richardson College for the Environment. We invited the students who won last year’s Eco Grant award to share with you the projects they completed with the money they were awarded.
March 12 to March 16, 2012
• Green Tours
• Urban Foraging in Winnipeg - Hosted by EcoPIA
• Reusable Pad Making Workshop
• Straight Razor Shave Workshop
• Green Pieces Fashion Show
• Ice Riders Bike Maintenance Workshop
• DIY Personal Care - Hosted by Hollow Reed Holistic
• Grass Routes Solutions
• Ice Riders Half Pints Bike Relay
• Grass Routes Specials - Ear to the Ground
• Grass Routes’ Waste Art Station
Get your hands dirty and create art using discarded, re-discovered and re-imagined materials to comment on our festival theme of convenience and disposability.
Cinema Politica Film Screening
March 13, 7:00 pm - 9:30 pm
Dive! follows filmmaker Jeremy Seifert and friends as they “dumpster dive” in the back alleys and garbage receptacles of Los Angeles' supermarkets. They salvage thousands of dollars worth of good, edible food. A documentary that is equal parts entertainment, guerilla journalism and call to action.
Ice Riders Half Pints Bike Relay/Grass Routes Wrap Up Party
• Eco Eklectica Soirée
• Friday, March 16, 9:00 pm - 2:00 am
• The Pyramid Cabaret
• Tickets are only $10 and are available at the UWSA Info Booth.
EcoPIA’s annual event raises money to support the Eco Grant, which awards students who are trying to find solutions to climate change at the local level.
It’s also a great party!